Every time I book a residential or business consultation I donate to either B1G1 or the Fred Hollows Foundation on behalf of my client. I thought I would let you know a little bit about what the Fred Hollows Foundation has achieved in the last 5 years.
In the last 5 years The Foundation has:
- Carried out over 780,000 sight saving operations and treatments
- Trained over 30,000 medical and support staff
- Provided hospitals and health programs with over $10 million of essential equipment
- Completed construction of over 120 eye health facilities
- Expanded to work in more than 55 Indigenous communities
The Fred Hollows Foundation, together with partners, contributed to eye operations, treatments and procedures that benefitted over 8 million people in 2012 alone.
- Performed 98,088 cataract operations and 306,827 other sight restoring procedures and treatments
- Treated over 7.6 million people for trachoma through a new initiative
- Screened the eyes of 1,989,410 people
- Trained 40,719 local clinical/health workers
- Built or upgraded 98 medical facilities
- Delivered $5,875,743 worth of equipment for use in developing countries.
I love that just by doing my work I am helping change the world for the better. If you want to make a donation to this worthy cause then you can donate here – The Fred Hollows Foundation